WOMEN AND MEN EVERYWHERE- Interested in helping de-mistify sex culture? Like the idea of generating some honest and positive information on what’s actually going on with people’s sexuality? Want to change the world and help more people feel more sexually empowered? Please take this anonymous survey that myself and a few classmates created for a project we’re working on! And help send this on to anyone & everyone you know! We thank you!
Our goal is to survey and study our cultures ideas, interests, attitudes, opinions and beliefs toward sexuality. This will include the purity myth, female orgasms and power dynamics.
We hope to learn more about the honest and unspoken thoughts of all genders, and their real life experiences from our research. We are a group of women who identify as female who have had mostly heterosexual relationships, therefore our cultural awareness is more significant to heterosexual culture but our intention is to include multiple perspectives. Our cultural backgrounds have made us aware of certain widely spread beliefs on chastity, power dynamics and sexual relations which we want to question through our research.
Some of the questions we have are:
- · Who has orgasms- gender/sexual orientation/age/diet & health?
- · How often do people experience orgasms?
- · What are peoples’ views on orgasms? How hard do they think it is to orgasm? How hard do they think it is to make their sexual partner orgasm? Does being in a relationship with someone affect his or her quality or frequency of having an orgasm?
- · Who feels entitled to an orgasm?
- · How does having an orgasm affect the hierarchy of a relationship? Who holds the power when only one person orgasms, or has more than the other person?
- · Whose responsibility is it to create someone’s orgasm?
- · How does the virginity movement suppress sexual feelings/expression? What power dynamic does that create within a relationship, could it lead to divorce?
- · What does purity even mean? What does it mean to be pure? Where was the philosophy of virginity created, how has it been sustained in our culture throughout the years?